The City of Santa Clarita’s mission in an emergency situation is to save lives.
By protecting property and the environment in situations associated with natural disasters, man-made disasters, and national security emergencies, the City follows these emergency management objectives:
- Manage and coordinate overall emergency response and recovery operations.
- Coordinate with appropriate federal, state and other local government agencies, as well as applicable segments of private sector entities and volunteer agencies.
- Establish priorities and resolve any conflicting demands for support.
- Prepare and disseminate emergency public information to inform, alert and warn the public.
- Disseminate damage information and other essential data.
- Plan for the continuation of government.
For live updates on current emergency situations, visit: