The City Clerk’s Office is the legal and official custodian of all City records. The Clerk’s Office administers oaths; ensures compliance with Fair Political Practice Commission filings (Statements of Economic Interest and Campaign Disclosures); facilitates lobbyist reporting; and administers City policies.
The City Clerk’s Office also manages the following functions:
- City Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes
- City Hall Ceremonies offering confidential marriage licenses and performs civil ceremonies by appointment
- Santa Clarita Municipal Code
- General Municipal Elections
- Local Appointment recruitment process for all advisory bodies, including Planning Commission, Parks, Recreation Commission, Arts Commission, as well as other boards
- Public Records Requests and Records Management
Additionally, the City Clerk’s Office serves as the City’s reception for City Hall including welcoming visitors in Suite 120 and answering the City’s main phone line: (661) 259-CITY (2489).